No President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as “Mormon” or LDS) has ever in their long lives made any clear supportive statements for Darwinian evolution. Additionally, nearly every President of the Church has taught that Darwinism is destructive to faith and contrary to the doctrines of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Hear expert testimony from leading evolutionary scientists from some of the world’s top universities:
13) 3 BYU PROFESSORS: Why did President Joseph F. Smith dismiss three professors from Brigham Young University for teaching organic evolution?Associated Locations:
- BYU, Provo, Utah
- 1910 – President Joseph F. Smith dismisses three BYU professors
- 1909 – First Presidency issues “Origin of Man” Message
- 1925 – First Presidency issues 1925 Statement on Evolution
- County Courthouse, Dayton, TN – site of the “Monkey Trial”
“God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
In these plain and pointed words the inspired author of the book of Genesis made known to the world the truth concerning the origin of the human family. Moses, the prophet-historian, who was “learned” we are told, “in all the wisdom of the Egyptians,” when making this important announcement, was not voicing a mere opinion. He was speaking as the mouthpiece of God, and his solemn declaration was for all time and for all people. No subsequent revelator of the truth has contradicted the great leader and law-giver of Israel. All who have since spoken by divine authority upon this theme have confirmed his simple and sublime proclamation. Nor could it be otherwise. Truth has but once source, and all revelations from heaven are harmonious one with the other.
As a high school freshman, Lee Strobel became convinced that God did not exist. Only the hard, empirical evidence of science could be trusted — and it appeared to point to a universe created by purely materialistic processes… time, chance, and Darwinian evolution.