Have you ever wondered about questions such as:
- Does a person’s belief in organic evolution influence the way he/she lives?
- Does the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have an official position on the origin of man?
- What do the revelations teach concerning animals reproducing after their kind?
- Was there death on earth prior to the Fall of Adam and Eve?
- Can the revelations of God be trusted on both spiritual and temporal issues?
- Are there conflicting opinions among the previous Presidents of the Church on the theory of organic evolution?
- Were there “pre-Adamites” or pre-human beings prior to Adam being “placed” upon the earth?
- Does the influence of Darwinian teachings extend to serious issues including abortion?
The Joseph Smith Foundation is pleased to present Creation and Evolution: A Witness of Prophets. The video and accompanying resources present documented evidence that at least 12 Presidents of the Church and other leaders have spoken clearly and repeatedly on this vital subject. Prophets have warned against figurative interpretations of scripture that attempt to harmonize false scientific theories with the word of God. While nearly every President of the Church has condemned Darwinian evolution, not one has endorsed evolutionary teachings. For nearly two hundred years modern day Prophets have remained constant with a uniform voice. Men from different times with different backgrounds, personalities and experiences, but the same source of revelation provide a testimony to the inspiration and perfect unity that comes from following the Spirit of God.
The video Creation and Evolution: A Witness of Prophets and its accompanying resources present information previously unknown by many. Learn how President Brigham Young founded Brigham Young Academy, forerunner of BYU, to combat the harmful influences of Darwinian evolution. Gain knowledge of the background behind the official announcements made by two First Presidencies announcing the official position of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on the true origin of man. Please take the time to view the available previews and forward this on to anyone that you feel may be interested in this subject. You may consider students, teachers, parents and other individuals who have a desire to know what the Prophets of God in this dispensation and the standard works have to say on this issue.