After working with thousands of struggling members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints over many years, the authors decided to write a book offering hope and answers for those struggling with faith crisis.
Unbeknownst to the general Church membership, the 20th century would witness an organized effort to rewrite Latter-day Saint history from within its own ranks.
In a head-to-head, behind-the-scenes-battle, traditional leaders resisted intellectual progressives working in the Church History Department and at BYU, who claimed some forty years ago that it would take a generation to re-educate the Church membership. Where are we in this attempted re-education?
What is the New Mormon History, and how does it personally affect you and your family? Join us as we explore newly-available diaries, review old books, and bring untold history into the light!
[simpleJsfButton_sc link=”https://josephsmithfoundation.org/store/product/faith-crisis-volume-1-we-were-not-betrayed/” align=”center”]Order your own copy today![/simpleJsfButton_sc]
Answered in the book:
- Progressives claim the Church covered up its history for nearly 200 years. Is the current faith crisis stemming from unmasked history . . . or new interpretations?
- Why did New Mormon Historians insist Hofmann’s forgeries were legitimate, even when investigators provided convincing evidence to them of the hoax?
- How did Bruce R. McConkie know Hofmann’s Joseph Smith III blessing was a fake, despite authentication by document experts and pressure by historians calling him “incompetent” for questioning?
- Who were the “Swearing Elders”? How did this group of progressive Latter-day Saints reshape the identity of Mormonism?
- Why did Carol Lynn Pearson and Leonard Arrington share cards that read, “History is on our side—as long as we can control the historians?”
- Leonard Arrington shared that an “invisible higher power” commissioned him to rewrite or reconstruct our dominant narrative of the Restoration. Did God want our history changed?
- Why did Leonard Arrington say the First Vision, Nephites and gold plates were part of the Mormon “myth”?
- Why did Leonard Arrington note that if he were honest about his beliefs, “not many” Latter-day Saints would “want [him] to teach their children”? How did this affect his career as Church Historian and later at BYU?
- Progressives, working in the Church History Department and at BYU, claimed 40 years ago it would take a generation to re-educate the Church. Where are we in this re-education?
What others are saying . . .
“The research and findings in this volume are truly history altering. Using newly released documents, combined with deep knowledge of Church History, the Stoddards are bringing to light what could be termed a “soft coup d’état” of the Church’s scriptures and prophets by progressive historians, bent on altering its history. Hold tight to your faith in the history held by the church for over 150 years and the teachings of our prophets as you discover how deep this attempted takeover has infiltrated, and altered, our sacred history.”—Rod Meldrum, researcher, best-selling Latter-day Saint author, & international lecturer
“This book grew my testimony“
“Years ago, we stopped going to church. Suddenly, God awakened me and brought me back into the fold. As I hungered and learned more about the restoration, it was upsetting to hear things being said about Joseph that I KNEW were not true. I hit a major faith crisis. Right as I was about to leave the church and follow another sect that follows the teachings of the Book of Mormon, I read the Stoddard’s Faith Crisis book. This book, along with promptings and teachings from the spirit helped me navigate through many questions. This book only helped grow my testimony of the truthfulness of the restoration of the gospel and of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I now stand strong in the Faith and know that I am in the only true church. I’m so thankful for the Joseph Smith Foundation and the many hours put in toward helping others stay strong in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!”—Latter-day Saint mother of six
If you would like to help . . .
- Like the “Joseph Smith Foundation” on Facebook
- Forward info to your friends and family
- Leave reviews for Seer Stone V. Urim & Thummim
- Leave reviews for Faith Crisis: We Were NOT Betrayed!
- Faith Crisis Volume 2: Behind Closed Doors
- Leave reviews for Nephites in Europe
- Leave reviews for Hidden Bloodlines
- Leave reviews for Statesmen & Symbols
- Leave reviews for Unlocking the Mystery of the Two Prophets: Revelation 11
- Leave reviews for For Our Day: Covenant on the Land
- Leave reviews for For Our Day: Divinely Sanctioned Governments
- Leave reviews for The Prophet Joseph: More than we know
Join Raising the Bar!
If you are interested in higher standards or meeting new like-minded friends, please click the button below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! We want to meet you!
[simpleJsfButton_sc link=”https://josephsmithfoundation.org/raisingthebar/#join” align=”center”]Join[/simpleJsfButton_sc]
[simpleJsfButton_sc link=”https://josephsmithfoundation.org/store/all-products//#” align=”center”]Shop now[/simpleJsfButton_sc]