|Original Harvard University Seal|
|Yale University Seal|
Mottos of Other Universities
- Columbia University: “In thy Light shall we see Light”4 (Psalm 36:9)
- Princeton University: “Under God’s power she flourishes”5
- University of Pennsylvania: “Laws without morals are in vain”
- Dartmouth College: “A voice crying in the wilderness”
- Rutgers University: “Sun of righteousness, shine upon the West also”
- An early brochure, published in 1643, described the founding of the college as a response to the desire “to advance learning and perpetuate it to posterity, dreading to leave an illiterate ministry to the churches”. ( Wright, Louis B. (2002). The Cultural Life of the American ) from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_University#cite_note-22 & http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/georgia-purdom/2011/10/11/harvard-no-longer-truth-for-christ-and-the-church/
- Columbia University (2012). “Columbia University at a Glance“. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- “Princeton University Fun Facts“. Princeton.edu. Retrieved January 6, 2013.