The year 2009 marked the bicentennial of the birth of Charles Darwin and the 150th anniversary of the publishing of his book On the Origin of Species . Many videos, books and resources have been written and produced. Celebrations and commemorations are being held throughout the world. Have you ever wondered what the Presidents of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have taught on scientific subjects dealing with Darwin’s writings and legacy?
Have you ever wondered about questions such as:
- Does a person’s belief in organic evolution influence the way he/she lives?
- Does the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have an official position on the origin of man?
- What do the revelations teach concerning animals reproducing after their kind?
- Was there death on earth prior to the Fall of Adam and Eve?
- Can the revelations of God be trusted on both spiritual and temporal issues?
- Are there conflicting opinions among the previous Presidents of the Church on the theory of organic evolution?
- Were there “pre-Adamites” or pre-human beings prior to Adam being “placed” upon the earth?
- Does the influence of Darwinian teachings extend to serious issues including abortion?