20) Who was responsible for the Prophet Joseph Smith’s death?
by Joseph Smith Foundation · Published · Updated
- 10) MONEY: Did Joseph Smith have a weakness in handling money? Was the Prophet often in debt because of this deficiency? Are the accusations that the Prophet was a poor business man accurate?
- 05) DEATH BEFORE FALL: Was there death on earth prior to the Fall? Has the Church changed its position on this?
- 23) ARROGANCE: Was the Prophet Joseph arrogant?
- 01) DID JOSEPH KNOW: Did Joseph Smith understand where the Book of Mormon events took place? Was the Prophet in error in his statements that the Book of Mormon transpired principally in North America?
- 16) ENEMIES: Why did the Prophet Joseph Smith have so many enemies? What was his response to antagonism and criticism?
- 09) TEMPER: Did the Prophet Joseph Smith have an uncontrolled temper? Was he at times vengeful?
- 01) PLURAL MARRIAGE: Was plural marriage revealed by the Lord? Was Joseph Smith ensnared by many convoluted activities and expediencies because of his involvement in plural marriage? Was the Prophet involved in adulterous practices or live a dual life?
- 01) RESPONSIBILITY/STEWARDSHIP: Who is responsible for the education of children? What should be the role of fathers in the education of their family?
- 02) JOSEPH SR.: Was Joseph Smith Senior a failure as a father? Was he a poor provider, oft defeated and unmoored? Did he have a problem with alcohol and other vices?
- 13) EVOLVING: Is LDS Church doctrine evolving, or was it revealed in purity to Joseph Smith? Could Joseph Smith teach us all that he knew, or was much of his knowledge withheld from the world because of the general lack of faith?
- 11) LUCY MACK SMITH: Was the Prophet’s mother, Lucy Mack Smith, given to vanity and extravagance? What was the character of Mother Smith?
- 22) JOSEPH FIELDING SMITH: Should President Joseph Fielding Smith’s position on organic evolution be taken seriously?
- 22) What status of trust did Joseph Smith reach before the Lord?
- 19) Does Joseph Smith stand next to Jesus Christ in righteousness and station?
- 05) DISCERNMENT: Did Joseph Smith lack the ability to judge the character of individuals around him? Was he often deceived because of his over-trusting personality?
- 12) ANCESTRY: Did Joseph Smith have a noble and righteous heritage? Was the Prophets ancestral line prepared and watched over through the ages?
- 21) CIVIL WAR: Was the Civil War in part a result of the murders of Joseph and Hyrum Smith, and the rejection of the latter-day Saints from the United States?
- 18) BIBLE: What did Joseph Smith teach concerning the Bible? Are his teachings antagonistic to the Old and New Testaments?
- 03) MAGIC: Did Joseph Smith mix Christianity with Nineteenth Century tradition and magical powers? Did he attempt to employ dark arts to discover hidden treasure?
- 04) CHARACTER: Was Joseph Smith weak in character while gifted in revelation? How did he “influence” people?