08) WOMEN: Did Joseph Smith’s view of the role of women and their place in the Church evolve over time? Was he incorrect in many of his assumptions?
by Joseph Smith Foundation · Published · Updated
- 06) COMMUNISM: Did Joseph Smith experiment with communal practices through his institution of the law of consecration and the united order? Were the failures to institute the united order due to lack of vision and incorrect principles?
- 36) OPPOSING WORLD VIEWS: How does a providential world view differ from an evolutionary world view? Which view should be taken by Latter-day Saints?
- 14) MASCULINE-FEMININE: Why is it important that men be masculine and women be feminine? What are the differences in the roles of men and women?
- 29) VIEW OF MAN: How does viewing individuals as children of God change education? How does the world view the individual? (Intelligence and spirits)
- 07) CULTURE: Did Joseph Smith gain many of his doctrinal ideas in the Church from 19th cultural movements or other philosophy? Did he introduce into the Church many false principles and practices because of his tradition and world interpretation?
- Should men and women marry outside of their race? What has been taught regarding interracial marriage?
- 13) EVOLVING: Is LDS Church doctrine evolving, or was it revealed in purity to Joseph Smith? Could Joseph Smith teach us all that he knew, or was much of his knowledge withheld from the world because of the general lack of faith?
- ROLE: What role will the Saints play in the scenes of the last days?
- 02) JOSEPH SR.: Was Joseph Smith Senior a failure as a father? Was he a poor provider, oft defeated and unmoored? Did he have a problem with alcohol and other vices?
- 05) DISCERNMENT: Did Joseph Smith lack the ability to judge the character of individuals around him? Was he often deceived because of his over-trusting personality?
- 16) ENEMIES: Why did the Prophet Joseph Smith have so many enemies? What was his response to antagonism and criticism?
- CHURCH RELIEF: Should we wait for a program by the church to begin preparing? Should we rely upon the church for relief in an emergency?
- 18) CREATIONISM: How should Latter-day Saints view Creationism? Should Latter-Day Saints understand the Creation account literally?
- 19) INTELLIGENT DESIGN: How should Latter-day Saints view Intelligent Design? Is there evidence of God in His creations?
- 10) MONEY: Did Joseph Smith have a weakness in handling money? Was the Prophet often in debt because of this deficiency? Are the accusations that the Prophet was a poor business man accurate?
- 01) DID JOSEPH KNOW: Did Joseph Smith understand where the Book of Mormon events took place? Was the Prophet in error in his statements that the Book of Mormon transpired principally in North America?
- 22) JOSEPH FIELDING SMITH: Should President Joseph Fielding Smith’s position on organic evolution be taken seriously?
- 36) UNITY: Should we wait for the Church to implement a program to save our freedoms before we put effort into the freedom issue? Will everyone in the Church agree on freedom issues?
- 04) RECENT: Have Church authorities made comments on the theory of organic evolution in recent years? Has the Church changed its position? Are we embarrassed by the statements made by early leaders and the scriptures?
- 32) PREPAREDNESS: How should we prepare for times of famine? What role will food play in the last days?